Get Rebates for Energy-saving Projects Specific to Your Company
I&M’s custom incentives make it easy for you to save energy and improve your bottom line through energy-saving projects specific to your company. Building owners, designers and architects can now go above and beyond the current state building code requirements while spending less.
Continue the savings with helpful energy tips like making sure to plug leaks around windows, doors and outlets with weather-stripping caulk.
In 2019, our business customers saved over 45 million kWh with custom projects. That’s equal to the emissions reduced by taking 364 cars off the road for a year! Our Custom business customers were paid over $2.5 million in rebates in 2019.*
Choose from a list of energy-saving projects for Indiana
- Lighting (non-prescriptive)
- Building controls
- Compressed air systems
- New construction
- Industrial process improvements
Submit Rebate Now
2021 Application Coming Soon
Trade Ally Directory
Trade Allies are our valued contractors and service providers that partner with us to deliver energy efficiency products and expertise directly to you.
What are the rules / qualifications?
- Must be an I&M commercial and industrial customer.
- Pre-approval required – before equipment is purchased.
- Projects with over 500,000 kWh may require pre- and post-monitoring to verify energy savings.
- Lighting fixtures must be a one-for-one replacement and approved by I&M or on one of these qualified products lists.
What are the deadlines to submit my rebate?
- Projects must be complete and final documentation received within 120 days from acceptance of the incentive offer or before the program deadline (whichever comes first).
- Applications must be received by December 10, 2021. Applications after this date will be processed at 2022 incentive levels.
What are program incentive caps?
The incentive caps are:
- $150,000 per site and $300,000 per company
Funds are limited and paid on a first come, first served basis.
Will you do an on-site evaluation to help me plan what I need?
How do I get started? What is the process?
Schedule a free on-site energy evaluation by our I&M Energy Experts. We will help you identify energy-saving projects and qualifications. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Contact a Trade Ally or contractor to determine your energy-saving opportunities.
- Submit an application via email for pre-approval and to receive an incentive offer.
- Sign and return the incentive offer within 30 days.
- Purchase and install approved energy-saving measures.
- Submit a completed form and all required documentation within 120 days from acceptance of the incentive offer or before the program deadline (whichever comes first).
- An on-site review will be performed and an incentive check will be sent in 4-6 weeks.
When will I get my rebate? Where is my rebate check mailed?
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your rebate check to arrive. It will be mailed to the company designated on the payee tab on the application. This can be the customer or the contractor/trade ally.
Whom do I contact for a status on my rebate?
Tip of the Day
Explore More Ways to Save
*Data as of 2019. Prior year data updated annually in June. Annual energy savings based on 1,000 kWh use per month. Emissions based on I&M-specific emissions data from our cleaner generation portfolio. EPA.gov Greenhouse Equivalencies Calculator used for kWh conversion.
Product offerings and rebates are subject to change without notice. See the specific rebate application for Terms & Conditions.