Get Rebates for Energy-saving Projects Specific to Your Company
I&M’s custom incentives make it easy for you to save energy and improve your bottom line through energy-saving projects specific to your company. Building owners, designers and architects can now go above and beyond the current state building code requirements while spending less.
Continue the savings with helpful energy tips like making sure to plug leaks around windows, doors and outlets with weather-stripping caulk.
In 2020, our business customers saved over 20 million kWh with custom projects. That’s equal to the emissions reduced by taking 3,089 cars off the road for a year! Our Custom business customers were paid over $1 million in rebates in 2020.*
Choose from a list of energy-saving projects for Indiana
- Lighting (non-prescriptive)
- Building controls
- Compressed air systems
- New construction
- Industrial process improvements
Submit Rebate Now
Trade Ally Directory
Trade Allies are our valued contractors and service providers that partner with us to deliver energy efficiency products and expertise directly to you.
What are the rules / qualifications?
- Must be an I&M commercial and industrial customer.
- Pre-approval required before equipment is purchased.
- Projects may require pre- and post-monitoring to verify energy savings.
- Lighting fixtures must be approved by I&M or on one of these qualified product lists.
What are the deadlines to submit my rebate?
- Projects must be complete and final documentation received within 90 days from acceptance of the incentive offer or before the program deadline (whichever comes first).
- Applications must be received by November 12, 2021. Applications after this date will be processed at 2022 incentive levels.
What are program incentive caps?
Submit a completed form and all required documentation within 90 days from acceptance of the incentive offer or before the program deadline (whichever comes first).
Will you do an on-site evaluation to help me plan what I need?
How do I get started? What is the process?
Schedule a free on-site energy evaluation by our I&M Energy Experts. We will help you identify energy-saving projects and qualifications. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Contact a Trade Ally or contractor to determine your energy-saving opportunities.
- Submit an application via email for pre-approval and to receive an incentive offer.
- Sign and return the incentive offer within 30 days.
- Purchase and install approved energy-saving measures.
- Submit a completed form and all required documentation within 120 days from acceptance of the incentive offer or before the program deadline (whichever comes first).
- An on-site review will be performed and an incentive check will be sent in 4-6 weeks.
When will I get my rebate? Where is my rebate check mailed?
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your rebate check to arrive. It will be mailed to the payee (customer or contractor/Trade Ally) designated on the Completion Form of the application.
Whom do I contact for a status on my rebate?
Energy Management Tools
Energy Management tools provide personalized energy-saving recommendations to help you achieve both energy and cost savings for your business.
Tip of the Day
Explore More Ways to Save
*Data as of 2020. Prior year data updated annually in June. Rebates and participation in 2020, were impacted by COVID-related program changes. Annual energy savings based on 12,000 kWh use per year. Estimated emissions reduction calculations are made using EPA.gov Greenhouse Equivalencies Calculator and gross verified kWh savings by program in 2020.
Product offerings and rebates are subject to change without notice. See the specific rebate application for Terms & Conditions.