Get Rebates for Small Businesses
Save energy, save money and help the environment—you can do all three with I&M’s Small Business Direct Install (SBDI) rebates. The SBDI rebates are for small business owners to help offset the cost of energy-saving upgrades that are cleaner, greener and more cost-effective.
And, remember to save even more on energy through simple changes like cleaning or replacing HVAC air filters on a regular basis.
In 2019, our small business customers saved over 2.3 million kWh with energy-saving projects. That’s equal to the emissions reduced by taking almost 19 cars off the road for a year! Over $235,000 in rebates was paid to our SBDI customers in 2019.*
Choose from a list of energy-saving projects for Indiana
- Lighting (non-prescriptive)
- Strip curtain
- LED lighting in refrigerated space
- Anti-sweat heater controls
- Auto door closers
- Night covers
- Refrigerated case doors
- Floating head or suction pressure controls
- Motors and control
We can help you determine the best ways to save. Contact us to schedule an on-site energy evaluation.
Trade Ally Directory
Trade Allies are our valued contractors and service providers that partner with us to deliver energy efficiency products and expertise directly to you.
What are the rules / qualifications?
- Must be an I&M commercial and industrial customer.
- Monthly energy demand must be less than 150kW per site.
- Installation must be done by an approved SBDI Trade Ally.
- Lighting fixtures must be a one-for-one replacement and approved by I&M or on one of these qualified products lists.
What are the deadlines to submit my rebate?
- Projects must be complete and final application received within 45 days of approval or before the program deadline (whichever comes first).
- Applications must be received by December 10, 2021. Applications after this date will be processed at 2022 incentive levels.
What are program incentive caps?
$3,000 per site or $21,000 per company across multiple sites per program year. Funds are limited and paid on a first come, first served basis.
Will you do an on-site evaluation to help me plan what I need?
How do I get started? What is the process?
- Contact us to determine if you qualify.
- Schedule a free on-site energy evaluation with your SBDI Trade Ally.
- Apply for a rebate reservation via your SBDI Trade Ally.
- Have your SBDI Trade Ally install/complete the approved upgrade.
- Complete projects and submit final applications within 45 days of approval or before the program deadline (whichever comes first).
When will I get my rebate? Where is my rebate check mailed?
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your rebate check to arrive. It will be mailed to the company designated on the payee tab on the application. This can be the customer or the contractor/trade ally.
Whom do I contact for a status on my rebate?
Tip of the Day
Explore More Ways to Save
*Data as of 2019. Prior year data updated annually in June. Annual energy savings based on 1,000 kWh use per month. Emissions based on I&M-specific emissions data from our cleaner generation portfolio. EPA.gov Greenhouse Equivalencies Calculator used for kWh conversion.
Product offerings and rebates are subject to change without notice. See the specific rebate application for Terms & Conditions.