Important Program Changes! Effective July 1, 2020 the C&I energy efficiency programs have been enhanced. The changes include increased Lighting and Non-Lighting Incentives, larger pre-approval thresholds and more. The C&I Program Change flyer outlines the changes.
Save Money on Projects for Your Business
I&M’s prescriptive rebates make it easy for you to save energy, help the environment and improve your bottom line. Cash rebates paid per unit installed help offset the cost of energy-saving projects so you can keep making the right choices for your business.
Also, check out I&M’s energy tips for ways to reduce energy, like conducting a nighttime audit to see what might be turned on that shouldn’t be.
In 2019, our business customers saved over 41 million kWh with Prescriptive projects. That’s equal to the emissions produced by over 20 tanker trucks of gasoline! Over $2 million in rebates was paid to our Prescriptive business customers in 2019.*
Trade Ally Directory
Trade Allies are our valued contractors and service providers that partner with us to deliver energy efficiency products and expertise directly to you.
What are the rules / qualifications?
What are the deadlines to submit my rebate?
- Projects must be complete and final application received within 90 days of the invoice date or before the program deadline (whichever comes first).
- Applications must be received by December 11, 2020. Applications after this date will be processed at 2021 incentive levels.
What are program incentive caps?
The incentive caps are:
- $150,000 per site and $300,000 per company
Funds are limited and paid on a first come, first served basis.
Will you do an on-site evaluation to help me plan what I need?
How do I get started? What is the process?
Schedule a free on-site energy evaluation by our I&M Energy Experts. We will help you identify energy-saving projects and qualifications. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Contact a Trade Ally or contractor to determine your energy-saving opportunities.
- Submit an application via email for pre-approval and to receive an incentive offer.
- Sign and return the incentive offer within 30 days.
- Purchase and install approved energy-saving measures.
- Submit a completed form and all required documentation within 120 days from acceptance of the incentive offer or before the program deadline (whichever comes first).
- An on-site review will be performed and an incentive check will be sent in 4-6 weeks.
When will I get my rebate? Where is my rebate check mailed?
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your rebate check to arrive. It will be mailed to the company designated on the payee tab on the application. This can be the customer or the contractor/trade ally.
Whom do I contact for a status on my rebate?
Tip of the Day
Explore More Ways to Save
*Data as of 2019. Prior year data updated annually in June. Annual energy savings based on 1,000 kWh use per month. Emissions based on I&M-specific emissions data from our cleaner generation portfolio. EPA.gov Greenhouse Equivalencies Calculator used for kWh conversion.
Product offerings and rebates are subject to change without notice. See the specific rebate application for Terms & Conditions.