Discounts on HVAC Equipment
Midstream programs make discounts easy by reaching customers when and where they make HVAC equipment buying decisions and ensuring energy-efficient units are in stock at competitive prices.
Since heating and cooling with high-efficiency equipment can reduce your energy use by up to 50%, the savings can be significant, plus instant discounts can save you even more.
We are introducing a new program, called Midstream, that delivers HVAC discounts and incentives through distributors and contractors.
We are working with local distributors of HVAC equipment to make sure energy-efficient units are in stock at competitive prices for our customers. Talk to your HVAC contractor about buying your equipment from a participating distributor. Please email us with questions.
The current HVAC & Energy-saving Products program will end on June 15, 2022. We would like to thank you for your support.
The new Midstream program gives your customers instant discounts on HVAC equipment while eliminating the hassles of rebate paperwork for you. Midstream connects contractors with participating distributors who offer reduced prices on HVAC equipment.
The Midstream program helps residential customers upgrade to energy-efficient HVAC products supplied by you at a more affordable price. You can become a Participating Partner if you purchase qualified products from or are a manufacturer of qualified products for resale to electrical contractors, HVAC contractors, builders, developers, building maintenance staff or service companies, and any other buyer servicing residential electric customers in the I&M service territory.
Participating Partner / Distributors
What are the rules / qualifications?
- Must be an I&M residential customer.
- Equipment must be new and meet the specifications listed in the rebate application.
- The rebate cannot exceed the cost of equipment, excluding installation cost.
Are there deadlines to submit my rebate?
- Products must be purchased and installed by December 11, 2022.
- Rebate application must be received within 60 days of product purchase and installation.
- Rebate application must be received by December 11, 2022. Applications after this date will be processed at 2023 rebate levels.
What do I need for proof of purchase?
A dated sales receipt is required as proof of purchase. It must include:
- Retailer or contractor name, address and phone number
- Itemized listing of product(s)
- Model number(s) or other identifying information
- Purchase price
- Proof it is paid in full
- Receipt information must match the product information on the rebate application
In addition, HVAC rebates require:
- Contractor’s invoice marked paid in full or showing zero balance
- A copy of the product’s AHRI or manufacturer specification sheet indicating product efficiency. Product efficiency can be found on the AHRI Database.
Are there quantity limits?
What is the HVAC Program Quality Assurance?
All HVAC equipment rebate applications are subject to a random quality assurance inspection. This is an on-site inspection to verify equipment installation. You do not need to be home for the inspection unless the equipment is inside your home.
Can I get a rebate on more than one product?
Yes. To speed up processing, submit all eligible equipment on one rebate application.
When will I get my rebate? Where is my rebate check mailed?
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your rebate check to arrive. It will be mailed to the account holder at the mailing address on record with I&M.
Whom do I contact with questions?
Can I mail in the rebate application?
Rebate applications are only being accepted online.
Tip of the Day
Explore More Ways to Save
*Data as of 2020. Prior year data updated annually in June. Rebates and participation in 2020, were impacted by COVID-related program changes. Annual energy savings based on 12,000 kWh use per year. Estimated emissions reduction calculations are made using EPA.gov Greenhouse Equivalencies Calculator and gross verified kWh savings by program in 2020.
Product offerings and rebates are subject to change without notice. See the specific rebate application for Terms & Conditions.