Your old fridge or freezer could be adding up to $150 to your energy bill1. Recycle it and save energy! We’ll pay you $40 and pick up your old working appliance, for no cost!
Fridges and freezers made before 1993 are very inefficient. A pre-1993 unit costs more than twice as much to operate as a new model. Fridges and freezers from the 1970s cost four times more to operate!2
Use the Flip Your Fridge calculator to find out how much your old fridge is costing you.
Schedule Your Pickup Today!
It’s fast and easy! Schedule your pickup online by picking your state – Indiana or Michigan or call 800-253-5661. You will need your account number to schedule your pickup. If you don’t remember your account number you can find it:
- Look up by phone number
- Check your online account
- Call Customer Care at 800-311-4634
- Check your statement
Note: Account number format is the FIRST 10 digits with no dashes or spaces.
Recycling is Good for the Environment
Recycling your older, working appliance will help you reduce energy use and costs while taking the appliance off your hands in a way that’s good for the environment. The units are sent to a recycling facility where 95% of the material is recycled, and hazardous waste is disposed of in an environmentally safe manner.
Fact: The average 10 year old refrigerator contains more than 120 pounds of recyclable steel!3.
Click to enlarge
Recycling in Action
Ask Our Experts. Call 800-253-5661
To be eligible for Appliance Recycling, you must meet the following criteria.
- I&M residential customer.
- Refrigerator and/or freezer must empty and working when picked up.
- Refrigerator and/or freezer must be 10 – 30 cubic feet in size (inside measurement).
- Customers must own the unit(s) being recycled or receive consent from their landlord.
- There is a maximum of two units per year, per customer.
Ask Our Experts. Call 800-253-5661
How many appliances can I recycle?
There is a maximum of two units per customer, per year.
How much is the rebate?
The rebate is $40 per working refrigerator or freezer.
Will you pick up my refrigerators and freezer?
What does it cost for you to pick up my refrigerators and freezer?
There is no charge.
Does the refrigerators and freezer need to work?
Yes. The fridge / freezer must be working when we pick it up.
How long until I get my rebate check?
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your rebate check to arrive.
Can I recycle my air conditioner?
At this time, we are only accepting refrigerators and freezers in the recycling rebate program. The Recycling Locator will help you find a local recycling company that will take your appliance.
Where do I recycle other large appliances?
The Recycling Locator will help you find a local recycling company that will take your appliance
Who recycles the appliances?
We partner with ARCA Recycling to provide state-of-the-art appliance recycling services designed to guarantee that every appliance collected is fully demanufactured in accordance with federal, state and local rules and regulations.
Saving energy is smart! It’s easier than ever to have a more comfortable, energy-saving home and help protect the environment. Save with these energy-saving products, rebates and discounts.
- Get a $25 Energy-Saving Kit – The Online Energy Checkup is easy and takes just a few minutes. Answer a few questions about your homenand get a $25 Energy Saving kit delivered to your door – for no charge! The kit contains LED bulbs and other energy-saving products.
- Save $586 with IM Home + Smart Thermostat– IM Home on your Apple or Android phone can control your home’s temperature from anywhere, anytime. Get $586 in rebates, bill credits and year-round energy savings.
- Rebates on HVAC and Energy-Saving Products – Get rebates on energy-saving products like ceiling fans, dehumidifiers, ductless heat pumps, smart thermostats, pool pumps and more.
- Weatherproof and Save – Get a Home Energy Checkup – a $430 value! Our certified energy expert will check your insulation. Plus, install LEDs, showerheads, faucet aerators, pipe wrap and more! If you have an electrically heated home, you may qualify to have I&M pay 50% – 100% of your weatherproofing upgrades.