How does it work?
- With this time-of-day rate plan, you’ll receive a lower rate for the electricity you use during “off-peak” times when electricity demand declines
- Lower rate is in effect 95% of the year
- Must be an I&M Residential customer residing in the South Bend Smart Meter Pilot Program area
- Must have a digital Smart Meter
You’ll be charged less for electricity used during off-peak times – see details below:
- On-peak times
- Electricity is billed at 19.881 cents per kilowatt-hour
- May-September: 2 p.m. – 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Represent only 5% of the year
- Off-peak times
- Electricity is billed at 7.821 cents per kilowatt-hour
- May-September: All hours except 2 p.m. – 6 p.m., Monday through Friday
- October-April: All hours of every day
Saving energy is smart! It’s easier than ever to have a more comfortable, energy-saving home and help protect the environment. Save with these energy-saving products, rebates and discounts.
- Get a $25 Energy-Saving Kit – The Online Energy Checkup is easy and takes just a few minutes. Answer a few questions about your homenand get a $25 Energy Saving kit delivered to your door – for no charge! The kit contains LED bulbs and other energy-saving products.
- Save $586 with IM Home + Smart Thermostat– IM Home on your Apple or Android phone can control your home’s temperature from anywhere,
anytime. Get $586 in rebates, bill credits and year-round energy savings.
- Get $40 for Your Fridge – We’ll give you $40 and pick up your old working fridge or freezer – for no cost. Recycle and save energy!
- Rebates on HVAC and Energy-Saving Products – Get rebates on energy-saving products like ceiling fans, dehumidifiers, ductless heat pumps, smart thermostats, pool pumps and more.