Builders meet nationally recognized standards for energy-efficient construction. The home is designed to increase your comfort, reduce your energy use and maintain your home’s value. The result is a home that delivers improved quality, comfort and energy savings that you can enjoy from the day you move in.
HERS Index – An Official Savings Scorecard
HERS is short for Home Energy Rating System®. The HERS index is the industry standard to measure a home’s energy efficiency. A certified HERS rater uses the index to create a HERS score. The HERS score is like a miles-per-gallon (MPG) sticker that tells homeowners and prospective buyers the energy efficiency of a home. HERS scores typically range from 0 to 150 – the lower the HERS score, the more energy efficient the home.
Top Builders in 2017
In 2017, more than 500 homes qualified for the rebates with Granite Ridge Builders, Lancia Homes, Westport Homes and Kline Custom Homes building built more than 60% of those homes. Together, those homes will save more than 1 million kilowatt hours of energy annually – enough to power about 100 typical homes for an entire year!
Make sure your dream home is built to save energy for years to come.
Find a Builder*
2016-2017 Participating Builders
*These builders are not affiliated with I&M. I&M does not make any promise, warranty or representation regarding work performed by the builder. Please contact several builders to compare prices.
Builders who certify a home’s energy efficiency with an independent Home Energy Rating System (HERS) assessment can earn rebates of $250 to $1,000.
Don’t miss the chance to earn New Home Construction rebates. Builders call 317-910-9084 or tell us the best time, and we will contact you.
The home must meet the following criteria.
- Single-family home, duplex or multi-family end unit located in I&M’s Indiana service territory with a residential billing tariff.
- HERS certification
- Must occur between January 1, 2018 and December 12, 2018.
- Must be submitted with rebate application
- May be obtained from a certified HERS Rater
- Systems are not eligible.
- Ground source heat pumps
- Dual-fuel systems, where a heat pump is used in conjunction with a gas furnace
- Application must be received by December 12, 2018.
- Application must be received within 90 days of HERS certification.
- See the New Home Construction Rebate Application for complete Terms and Conditions.
Rebates only for homes built in Indiana service territory.
|Tier||Heat Type||HERS Score||Rebate|
|Silver Star||Gas Heat and AC||75 max||$250|
|Electric Heat and AC||75 max||$600|
|Gold Star||Gas Heat and AC||65 max||$500|
|Electric Heat and AC||65 max||$900|
|Platinum Star||Gas Heat and AC||56 max||$600|
|Electric Heat and AC||56 max||$1,000|
Who gets the rebate?
The rebate is paid to the builder.
How do I find a HERS Rater?
You can locate a certified HERS rater at RESNET Home Energy Rater.
I’m building a home in Michigan, can I get the rebate?
At this time, rebates are only available for homes in the Indiana service territory.
Can I get a product rebate too?
You cannot get a rebate from both Home Energy Products and Home New Construction.
How much is the rebate?
The Rebate Chart has the complete list of rebates.
Congratulations on building an energy efficient home. You helped save energy, increased the homeowners comfort and helped protect the environment.
- Submit Your Application
- Email: IMRNC@Clearesult.com
I&M Home New Construction Program
3100 West Rd.
Building 3, Suite 200
East Lansing, MI 48823
Saving energy is smart! It’s easier than ever to have a more comfortable, energy-saving home and help protect the environment. Save with these energy-saving products, rebates and discounts.
- Get a $25 Energy-Saving Kit – The Online Energy Checkup is easy and takes just a few minutes. Answer a few questions about your home and get a $25 Energy Saving kit delivered to your door – for no charge! The kit contains LED bulbs and other energy-saving products.
- Save $586 with IM Home + Smart Thermostat – IM Home on your Apple or Android phone can control your home’s temperature from anywhere, anytime. Get $586 in rebates, bill credits and year-round energy savings.
- Get $40 for Your Fridge – We’ll give you $40 and pick up your old working fridge or freezer – for no cost. Recycle and save energy!
- Weatherproof and Save – Get a Home Energy Checkup – a $430 value! Our certified energy expert will check your insulation. Plus, install LEDs, showerheads, faucet aerators, pipe wrap and more! If you have an electrically heated home, you may qualify to have I&M pay 50% – 100% of your weatherproofing upgrades.